Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's all in your eyes babies!

Your eyes can say more than thousands words, which is why they should be nicely "framed"!!

No, I’m not suggesting some extravagant and complicated eye make up involving 10 different shades, 3 different pencils, 7 different brushes plus hours and hours of practice until you manage it!

It’s really not that hard to look fabulous. . . actually you only need a liquid eyeliner (I use for ex. "Luminelle" by Yves Rocher) and mascara (some technics also require an eye pencil but it also works without)! So what am I talking about?! Well well. . .the famous „cat eye“ or „winged eye“!! It makes such a difference compared to other ways of applying eyeliner and it can be worn with or without shades.

This eye make up has become my fav and I use it almost everyday, just adore the effect is has on my look! Drama Baby!!
As I use it so often and don’t want my look to become boring I combine it with different shades according to the occasion or I simply use it without any other colour.

On youtube you find so many great tutorials how to create this style and so, instead of adding another one to this endless list, I add a link which is quite good:

Tutorial

When it comes to mascara I prefer to use two different ones. . .a volumizing one (ex. „Intense Volumizing Mascara“ by Lavera) and a waterproof one (ex. „Lash Plumping Mascara Waterproof“ by Yves Rocher). Why am I doing so?? Well, so far I didn’t really make many good experiences with those „all in one“ products, I prefer to use several products I made good experiences with and I’m happy with the results I get! I also think that waterproof mascara is essential as you never know what might happen during the day/night and I for myself don’t want to end up looking like a panda bear due to rain, tears or whatever. . .(panda bears are cute yes. . .but still. . .)

And now sth for the notorious day after!!
I so hate to have puffy eyes in the morning due to a lack of sleep. . .makes you look like a zombie and no make up can really cover it up!! In the September issue of the US „Glamour“ magazine I read a „do it yourself“ mask that I was tempted to try. . .and it acutally works:

- put 2 to 3 bags of green tea in a glass of hot water, wait until the water has cooled down and remove the bags. Add a tea-spoon of honey and a tablespoon of apple juice. Dunk 2 cotton pads in the glass, wring them out and place them right under your eye. You can lay some plastic wrap over it all but it’s not necessary (tried with and without but didn’t remark any difference). Leave the pads on for about 15 min., rinse, pat dry and there you go!! Depuffed eyes!! Hooray!!

Little hint by myself: in case your skin is very sensitive replace one green tea bag by a camomile tea bag and reduce the amount of apple juice to a teaspoon!

I hope you liked this post and find it helpful!!

Read you soon again!!

xo T.

*meow*

5 comments:

  1. I love the effect of Cat's eye I still am learning to do it better :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. uff is the 5th time I try to post a comment ...
    The cat's eyes effect is wonderful I like it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the all-in-one products can be so overrated! and the tea-bags work great on tired eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @diana: yes it needs a bit of practice to make it look really great but it's so worth it!!
    @anonymous: yes, exactly, thanks for agreeing with me! yep, it's great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, honey! LG Angie

    ReplyDelete